#STW18 #LoveMyTown #ScotlandsTowns #ImprovementDistrictsScot
Coordinated by Scotland’s Towns Partnership, both national and local organisations are invited to promote the ‘Keep It Local’ message, share what’s going on in their area, and highlight what makes their local communities special. The week-long celebration is a unique chance to collaborate, share best practice, interests and opportunities and ultimately to help bring life, vitality and vibrancy back into our town centres.
There’s lots happening during Scotland’s Towns Week! STP will be promoting any and all local initiatives to support towns and improvement districts via our social media channels. In addition, look out for:
- The publication of our special edition of ‘Scotland’s Towns’ in the Herald on Sunday (Sunday 18th November) to kick off STW, on the theme of ‘Future Industries in Scotland’s Towns’.
- The announcement of the winner of Scotland’s Most Beautiful High Street.
- Online voting to decide the winner of the FutureTown Design Competition.
- Launch of the upgraded Understanding Scottish Places town data tool.
- Regional campaigns such as the #FifeTownsRock initiative by Fife Council & partners.
How to Get Involved
People and organisations are also encouraged to get involved in the following ways:
→ Share photos of your town and tell STP what makes it unique. Take part in the conversation on Twitter at @ScotlandsTowns, #LoveMyTown and #ScotlandsTowns, or on Facebook.
→ Tell STP about and share any events or initiatives happening in your town during 19 – 25 November. Contact us.
→ Download and display the “Keep it Local” poster.
→ Vote for your favourite innovative idea in the FutureTown Design Competition shortlist.
For more information on all the above, please visit the Scotland’s Towns Partnership website at: https://www.scotlandstowns.org/scotlands-towns-week