The Business Manager of East Lothian Food and Drink Ltd will have responsibility for the delivery of the aims and objectives of East Lothian Food and Drink Ltd. They will work closely with and support the Chair and Board of Directors.
They will be responsible for carrying out all tasks in an efficient way and will be responsible for acting in the best interests of East Lothian Food and Drink. Potential candidates must be confident in working both as part of a team and individually and must be able to prioritise their own workload to ensure the effective completion of all tasks.
East Lothian Food and Drink is working towards a renewal ballot in 2021 – it would be preferable for a candidate to have some knowledge of Business Improvement Districts.
- To work with the Board of Directors to achieve East Lothian Food and Drink’s aims and objectives, as set out in the business plan.
- To report directly to the Chair and to arrange, attend and report to Meetings of the Board of Directors.
- To liaise with and promote good communication between levy paying businesses, East Lothian Council, and other external agencies.
- To regularly monitor the delivery and impact of East Lothian Food and Drink Ltd by engaging with stakeholders.
- To develop and manage projects that meet the aims of the East Lothian Food and Drink BID.
- To coordinate, in conjunction with stakeholders and third parties, events and activities that will support the growth of East Lothian as a destination for quality food and drink.
- To manage all day to day operations of East Lothian Food and Drink.
- To provide support to levy payers and signpost them to relevant guidance and advice.
- To seek new promotional and partnership opportunities.
- To advocate for East Lothian Food & Drink members area in dealings with external stakeholders.
- To develop effective relationships with external partners and stakeholder to ensure successful delivery of services and projects.
- To be responsible for social media and the company website.
- To seek and coordinate PR activities for the company.
- To share updates, offers and news with the BID community through the coordination of an online newsletter. To encourage new companies to join as voluntary members of East Lothian Food & Drink Business Improvement District.
- To apply for additional funding to support the achievement of East Lothian Food & Drink Business Improvement District’s aims, and to undertake and manage funded projects – to meet reporting deadlines.
- Post Title – East Lothian Food & Drink Ltd Business Manager
- Salary – £26,500 (35 hour week)
- Location – Queen Margaret University, Musselburgh, EH21 6UU (Currently working remotely due to COVID19)
- Responsible To – The Board of Directors of East Lothian Food &Drink Ltd
- Contract type – 1-year fixed term.
- Closing date – 1700 on the 8th of January (with interviews to be held mid January)
Purpose of the job
To manage East Lothian Food & Drink Ltd on behalf of the member companies of the Business Improvement District
- To represent, market and promote East Lothian Food & Drink Ltd Business Improvement District (BID) and raise the profile of the company and its members.
- To generate leads for members and support PR and Marketing for the member companies.
- To develop membership benefits and maintain effective engagement with all the member companies.
- To access and explore further funding to support East Lothian Food & Drink Ltd.
- To support a culture of continuous improvement using management information and customer feedback.
- To undertake such other duties appropriate to the development and running of East Lothian Food & Drink Ltd as stated by the Board of Directors.
Responsibility for employees
This position has responsibility for a part time administrator.
Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as management, PR, marketing, customer care, or events management.
All applicants must have a full driving licence.
Education and Training (essential) – Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as management, PR, marketing, customer care or events management.
Previous Experience (essential) – Experience of engaging with businesses. Experience managing business social media accounts.
Knowledge/Skills/Competencies (esssential) – Strong communication skills. Effective organisational and time management skills. Customer focused. Effective oral and written communication skills. Active listening skills. Knowledge of and competence in all Microsoft Office packages.
Personal qualities (essential) – Ability to demonstrate a wide range of written and verbal communication styles. Ability to manage effective relationships. Ability to manage a varied workload and to work without close supervision. Ability to meet deadlines. Self-confident with the ability to influence others. Flexible. Innovative. Enthusiastic. Excellent time and resource management skills. Ability to manage work with accuracy, paying close attention to detail.
Previous Experience (Desirable) – Experience of working with food and drink businesses. Experience working in a membership organisation. Experience managing a website. Experience with Business Improvement Districts.
Knowledge/Skills/Competencies (Desirable)- Knowledge of PR. Knowledge of Mailchimp and Canva
*Candidates must provide a CV and cover letter to be considered*
Application deadline: 08/01/2021
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £26,500.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19