This practical session will discuss key issues for place management related to legal corporate structures, financial and governance management.
This session will be beneficial to your place management organisation or to businesses you support in your place, whether community and business-led development of our towns, urban districts or villages.
The session brings you –
- Expert guidance on governance strategy,
- Town surgeries – seek out solutions and ideas for your place,
- Outcomes from the newly published and updated Towns Toolkit
- Exchange news and ideas with Scotland’s towns community of practitioners.
STP members can RSVP free of charge here..
13:30 Coffee /Tea (top up as you need to!)
14:00 Welcome & Introduction
Tom Sneddon, Board Member, Scotland’s Towns Partnership and Co-Founder, Development Trusts Association Scotland (Event Chair)
Structures and Strategy
14:10 DELIVERY VEHICLES FOR PLACE
Tom Sneddon, Board Member, Scotland’s Towns Partnership and Co-Founder, Development Trusts Association Scotland
Getting the right corporate structure for your place and basic principles of good governance; roles and responsibilities
Gary Macdonald, Partner, Corporate, DWF LLP
Good financial management: Veronica Donnelly, VAT Partner, Campbell Dallas (Invited)
15:45 Surgery Sessions (Top up your coffee!) Experts are on hand to cover the following topics:
- Delivery Vehicles
- Tax, Natalie Brown, Regional Development Director, CATAX